Thursday 4 April 2013

Civic Sense

I am typing this out, out of disgust and irritation at the degrading civic sense in the so called civilised society. It is a common to sight people making the roadside public urinals, having little affliction to the moving traffic and passers-by. Guess, these people close their eyes while doing the job and lose themselves into the oblivion. You get to see the red graffiti created by people spitting on public walls, bus stops. While we feel it is our birthright to litter whereever we please.

Today I was travelling in the blue bus to work. A north east Indian lady, who I guess would be in her early thirties got into the bus. She was intantly noticeable, since she was very stylish and carried herself with attitude. Not to mention, her red streaked hai, cobalt blue nail color, purple eyeliner. I got a seat which was facing the backside of the bus, which gave me full viewof the bus. She sat in a sit 3 rows away from me. Let me tell you, though this is not a Volvo, it was an AC bus. SHe took out a polythene cover, in which she had cut water melon. She started eating them, only to spit out the seeds all over, inside the bus. No one took notice. I was disgusted to see such behaviour. She noticed me giving irritated looks, but still carried on with her eating(and spitting).I dont understand how people from a civilised society could behave like this.

I dont know if I should have stopped her when she spit for the first time. I dont know if I could have taken to moral policing, if I have the right. Well readers, I require your inputs regarding this..How do we handle situations like these.I feel that - This is my country, my world, I need to take care of it, by helping maintaining it clean and making it a good place to live in. How do we imbibe the same thoughts in our fellow human beings?

No comments:

Post a Comment