Thursday 27 June 2019

The Smudged Nail Polish

It was 11 O'clock in the night. My toddler had finally fallen asleep. I slowly sneaked out of the bedroom so that I donot wake my daughter or my husband.  With an active toddler, I hardly get any time for myself, to read a book or to relax. I switched on the light in the living room and snuggle in the sofa. I was not in a mood to read anything. So I just relax -  doing nothing.. I was just reminiscing the day when I noticed that my nail polish that I was currently wearing had chipped off.

I decided to change my nail polish color and apply a new shade - a vibrant orangy rose. So equipped with cotton balls,nail polish remover and the new nail color, I head out to the balcony with headphones. I play a relaxing music on my mobile and with careful dabbing of the nail polish remover, I remove the old nail color from both the hands.

Then I soaked my fingers in lukewarm water with a few drops of almond oil and baby shampoo for 5 minutes. Then I washed my hands and pat dried them. This seemed to be a luxury that I was enjoying and I was very pleased with myself.

And then, with loving care, started applying my favorite nail polish. After one coat, I applied one more coat. My fingers looked beautiful - I admired them when I let them dry. Then I thought, let me apply the clear nail polish as top coat. I applied the clear coat and was very pleased with the effect. And.. I started to wait.. for the clear coat to dry..it seemed ages that it took to dry. When I thought the paint was dry, I went to bed and slept-off.

Next day morning, to my display and disappointment, what do I see, my beautiful nails have creases in the paint and also hair marks.. I seemed to have slept off without totally drying up the paint.

Now, the chances of me finding same amount of time to redo my nails in next couple of days seems next to impossible. Then I realise my nails actually look like modern art, like an abstract painting. My thoughts of spoilt nails was replaced by admiration for the new look.

Life is also like that. Sometimes, in spite of all the efforts, the result is not the same as what you expect. That does not mean the result is bad - it may be better.

And as they say - when life gives you lemons, make lemonade :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment